Laughter Yoga Master Trainer Lotte Mikkelsen has an overwhelming amount of work to be proud of so please read below.
Running a business as single mum and being diagnosed with MS in 2008.
For Lotte there was not stopping her!
You may also wish to read about the Laughter Yoga Training Company, UnitedMind’s achievements?
Lotte’s Milestones and Achievements
- In 2002 Lotte completed her training as Holistic Therapist specialising in Reflexology, Reiki Healing, Crystal Healing and Personal Laughter for health and well-being. She founded UnitedMind in April 2002 as a laughter and holistic therapy providing organisation.
- From early 2003 Lotte ran a daily laughter session on the phone with a friend and Laughter Colleague.
The background for this experiment was to fully experience and understand the benefits of laughter for no reason in order to promote the techniques to the general public and start transforming communities based on health, happiness and well-being.
Since mid-2003 Lotte has facilitated laughter workshops for team building, stress management, improved communication, motivation and confidence boosting. She has trained individuals and teams within organisations as Laughter Yoga Leaders and is, to date, the most successful Laughter Yoga Leader Training Teacher in the UK.
- In 2005 the Laughter Club International celebrated its first anniversary. Running a laughter club is an adventure that requires perseverence and stamina when scepticism is the top of the agenda. However, the years have shown that it is a worthwhile pursuit that makes a true difference to people who engage in laughter.
- In 2006 Lotte was appointed Laughter Ambassador by Dr. Madan Kataria (Founder of the International School of Laughter Yoga) because of her work in promoting laughter for improving health and wellbeing throughout the UK.
- The appointment in 2012 of Lotte Mikkelsen as Laughter Yoga Master Trainer for the UK is a great honour and a real quality mark on her abilities as Laughter Yoga Teacher and Facilitator. After succesfully spreading Laughter Yoga and teaching the techniques for more than 10 years it has been the next natural step on the journey to inspire positive and lasting change through laughter and joy.
- In 2013 the UK saw a rise in the number of Laughter Yoga Teachers who started teaching the 2-day Laughter Yoga Leader Programme. Through her persistence and never-ending focus on bringing Laughter Yoga into the British households more than 60% of the newly trained teachers successfully started their training programmes within less than six months of their own training.
Lotte aims to support and coach each teacher and leader who ventures through UnitedMind’s training programmes.
Being a Mumpreneur Award Finalist was another great highlight in 2013 when the ongoing support she provides saw her entered in the category of Best Interactive Business.
- In 2014 Lotte expanded on her activities in the North-East of England bringing renewed focus to the region in terms of spreading Laughter Yoga for health and happiness.
Whilst being based in the North-East adds more activities in this area it certainly also has meant an increase in Lotte’s workload and efforts in the South-East of England.
- In 4th quarter of 2015 Lotte became a co-founder of the Business Expert Group was established with high-profile members to provide professional business services.
The group serves as a mentoring and business coaching team for professionals who wish to launch a serious business based on Laughter Yoga and Therapy.
- 2016 was a year of upheaval in many ways but also a year showing that Lotte Mikkelsen is the Laughter Yoga Master Trainer not to be dismissed. With market changes following political choices it was a real challenge to keep up with financial concerns. Yet, there was an increase in the number of people who came to train as Laughter Yoga Leaders, Teachers or Therapists with Lotte.
A full-featured solidification of Laughter Yoga in the UK.
- 2017 began with a real tribute from Boots Health and Beauty Magazine. A magazing that reaches millions of readers across the UK. Lotte laughter coached Robyn, a freelance journalist writing for Boots’ magazine and the story is out there!
In September 2017 Lotte launched her personal website Lotte Mikkelsen – Your Everyday Laughter Queen to celebrate the wonderful in all the laughs she has shared and has yet to share. Lotte is a laughter force of nature and any organisation would benefit from a consultation with her yet more from working long-term with her in bringing laughter into any organisation, community or workplace in the country.
- 2018 began with a BarclayCard 31 Day Challenge given to Giovanna Fletcher, on Day-2 she tried Laughter Yoga with Lotte.
Pladis Global took Laughter Yoga onboard as part of their Mental Health Pledge and kicked if off on Blue Monday, 15 January, together with Lotte.
In the summer of 2018 Lotte ran Laughter Yoga energisers at CarFest North and in the South with colleague Liz Doyle. CarFest is Chris Evans’ event for BBC Children in Need.
- As 2019 grew even bigger choosing Lotte as key-note speaker and facilitator at conferences and corporate events became a professional choice for many businesses and organisations.
- The start of 2020 looked promising and even under the stress of the worldwide health challenge Lotte maintained a position as provider of Laughter Yoga trainer online.
Laughter Yoga is for everyone and connects the whole of the UK in a healthy way that allows for people to experience personal and professional growth at work and at home through adding the therapeutic benefits of laughter to their own lives and the lives of others.
Lotte has been an Affiliate Member of the Society for Training and Education (former Institute for Learning) since 2010, and is Affiliated to the Dr. Kataria International University of Laughter Yoga.
Furthermore, UnitedMind is a Professional Member of ISMA (International Stress Management Association).
Lotte’s ambition is to make Laughter Yoga and therapeutic laughter available to everyone.
Her compassion combined with her passion drives her work along with a meticulous delivery based on the deepfelt desire to make a difference in the world.
Today, she offers a broad palette of corporate services for wellbeing, health and happiness of individuals and organisations.
Comments from past course attendees as well as workshop delegates, Laughter Club and Telephone Laughter Club participants can be viewed on the Testimonies page.
Certifications and Memberships
- ITEC Reflexology
- Crystal Healing Practitioner (Philip Permutt)
- BSY Kinesiology
- BSY Nutrition
- SNHS Meridian Psychotherapy & EFT
- SNHS Hopi Ear Candling
- Dr. Kataria’s School of Laughter Yoga, Leader
- Dr. Kataria’s School of Laughter Yoga, Teacher
- University of Laughter Yoga, Master Trainer
- Laughter Network, Laughter Facilitator Skills
- The Gibberish Institute Gibberish
- Reiki 4 Master Teacher (Fiona Patten)
- SNHS Life Coaching
- SNHS Child Psychology
- PTTLS Award
- SoleDevelopers Emotional Intelligence
Continued Professional Development (CPD) is key to innovative training and delivery.