UnitedMind’s unique Laughter Therapist Training programme gives you the background as well as indepth experience of laughter therapy, including a brief introduction to Laughter Yoga, however, this is NOT Laughter Yoga Training.
The Laughter Therapist Training takes you on a journey through different ways of presentation, various ways of using laughter in life and in workshops, the meaning of laughter that we add, and it teaches you to structure a professional presentation.
The course is a philosophical as well as practical course where we will get in touch with the inner-most laughter, and discover what REALLY tickles the giggles.
You can read more about the accreditation benefits on Certification and Accreditation.
At the end of your completed training programme you will receive a certificate that enables you to obtain insurance to practice and facilitate laughter workshops, it is not a Laughter Yoga Certificate but this training may be a great addition to your existing certification.
Who is Laughter Therapist Training for?
With their existing Laughter Yoga tools and techniques Laughter Yoga Leaders and Laughter Yoga Teachers bring about positive change for individuals and teams!
This programme adds depth and width to the knowledge and wisdom of Laughter Yoga by bringing together the technology with the latest research.
The Certified Laughter Therapist Training addresses the much needed aspect of mind and mentality at play in joyfulness and fun.
This training is for people with a background in healthcare as therapist, holistic therapist or counsellor, being a Laughter Yoga Professionals is not a requirement but a therapist background is. As Laughter Therapist you must have an understanding and ability to handle your clients’ emotional release and experience of katharsis.
On the 2-day Laughter Yoga Leader Training you learn to run a Laughter Yoga session and finish your training with a presentation, whereas over the minimum 30 hours of learning on the Laughter Therapist Training you learn to facilitate one-on-one or group sessions using therapeutic laughter, creative storytelling, improvisation and drama, as well as Laughter Yoga techniques.
The Laughter Therapist Training runs over two and a half days but that does not complete the course. It runs in the following way allowing you to complete within the timeframe given
- 2-day in-person training
- 6-12 months case study work (minimum 2 case studies to be completed, 1 group, 1 individual) finishing with a dissertation
- 1/2 day to present your dissertation and complete the training. This day can be organised as an online or in-person meeting
This training is a unique, innovative and a new way of learning laughter and joyfulness with a view to present and to teach.
Course fee: £750 / early £550 including courseware and certificate. Please check for special deals.
Registration: Please secure your place via the UnitedMind Online Shop. You will receive confirmation and details once booked.
What you will get
- Laughter Therapist eManual
- Laughter Therapist Certificate. Please note that a certificate is not issued until following presentation of dissertation
- additional information which includes meditations, standard forms and research documents as well as a template for an 8-week programme to run with groups or individuals
- free mentoring following the training in order to get you off to a good start
- 1 month Telephone Laughter Club subscription
- it is highly infectious and could seriously affect your health and happiness
- it is known to cause people to actually enjoy their stress – when applied liberally
Hemel Hempstead from 9:30am-5:30pm
TBC on registration