Welcome to January 2021
…and news, stories, upcoming events and event reviews from UnitedMind Ltd. Laughter Yoga, Laughter Yoga in London, all over the UK and elsewhere, The Laughter Club International (UK) and The Telephone Laughter Club.
UnitedMind is on the forefront with laughter, happiness and joy!
To continue receiving our news please subscribe if you haven’t already!
In January News we share the following…
- January Welcome from Yours Truly
- Mental Wellbeing and Laughter Therapy for HR Managers
- The 7 Pillars of Wisdom with Laughter Workshop
- The Telephone Laughter Club UK
- The Laughter Club International UK) in St Albans on Zoom
- Intro to Laughter Therapy with Lotte Mikkelsen and Melanie Bloch
- Laughter Yoga Teacher Training including Online Prep and Linda Leclerc
- The Important Laughter Yoga Training Online, In-Person and Dates
- Secure your Laughter Yoga and Laughter Therapist training
You can enjoy reading our news on our secure site on UnitedMind.co.uk!
A few videos and places to listen and look…
- YouTube Impromptu Conversations
- Laughter Yoga with Sally on ITV News May 2020
- Oxford University Press, Digeo Productions and Laughter Yoga
- Laughter Yoga with Andi Peters on ITV Lorraine August 2019
- Laughter Yoga with Lotte on Channel 4 4Music Trending Live 11 Sep 2018
- UnitedMind’s Secure Online Shop – products, services, subscriptions
- The Laughter Club in 2020 – we are online!
Please follow and like UnitedMind on Social Media
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/unitedmind
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/unitedmind.through.laughter
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/lottemikkel
- Instagram – https//www.instagram.com/unitedmindthroughlaughter
- TikTok – https://www.tiktok.com/@laughteryoga
As we were moving closer to the shift of the year I came across a short written piece on LinkedIn which I would like to share as it holds key elements of trust, hope and vision for the future.
It is about resilience and is written by Carmen Lorenzo.
Get up, stronger than before.
Resilience is the ability to repair oneself to resist and positively reorganise one’s life despite difficult situations that make one think of a negative outcome.
Human Beings are “programmed” to resist misfortune.
The need to fight has its raison d’être in the inevitability of daily defeats, disappointments and conflicts.
While it’s true that certain wounds will never heal completely, it is also true that any negative event can represent an opportunity for superior fulfillment.
In fact, being resilient does not only mean knowing how to resist the pressures of the environment, but it means developing an ability to move forward, despite the crises.
Factors that do not contribute to resilience are: – Emotional factors (abuse, low self-esteem, poor emotional control), interpersonal (rejection of peers, isolation, closure), family (conflicts, poor relationship with parents, communication disorders), developmental (social incompetence).
Factors that do contribute to resilience are: – A good temperament, sensitivity, autonomy, combined with social and communicative competence, self-control, and the awareness and confidence that one’s achievements depend on one’s efforts. The very large social and emotional network.
There is hope around the world for a new year with a different vibe as we have become more resilient that we perhaps imagined, and as we move forward resourcefully.
Even with the effects of 2020 still looming and lurking we enter this new year with a real sense of achievement, we made it, and with compassion for the people and communities who did their best to stay afloat in the face of adversity.
We became a worldwide community of people who left our differences behind and stepped into the grace of gratitude and caring for each other and ourselves.
A daily practice of Laughter Yoga does not simply teach you to laugh, it takes your heart to a place of profound humbleness , forgiveness and love.
It is now 2021!
Wishing you love, hope and kind connectedness in January!
Love, Laughter and Peace
Laughter Yoga Expert and Master Trainer
Mental Wellbeing and Laughter Therapy for HR Professionals
UnitedMind and The Wellness Movement are kicking off 2021 with a FREE wellbeing webinar. Lotte Mikkelsen, Corporate Laughter Expert along with Sha Hussain, Founder and award-winning Wellbeing Consultant are once again teaming up to bring you an innovative mental wellbeing check-in and laughter therapy session.
Limited availability, book now to avoid disappointment. Register on https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/mental-wellbeing-and-laughter-therapy-webinar-registration-133601464577.
What can you expect?
- We begin with 2 mindful minutes, helping us to arrive into the present moment
- An introduction to Sha’s fun and unintrusive wellbeing check-in exercise (that is helping to create meaningful conversations around mental health in the workplace)
- Followed by 25-30 minutes of laughter which is guaranteed to boost your mood
- An opportunity to interact with likeminded professionals supporting their colleagues wellbeing across a variety of sectors
There will also be an opportunity for a short Q&A at the end of the session.
All attendees will be given a laughter and mental wellbeing resource to take away and use as you feel applicable in your life and work.
Organisations that have experienced this webinar include Santander, Greater London Authority, NHS and AIG Insurance.
For information about our workshops, programmes and training, and to work with us please get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 12 14 714 or 07736 341 717.
The 7 Pillars of Wisdom with Laughter
Connecting with high-vibrational practices is key to vitality and joy.
In this workshop you will experience the 7 pillars of wisdom and their impact on life and on our world.
We will be connecting it all with your own deep-rooted laughter.
We change when we let go of old structures and ways to create a path for our joint future, taking back our freedom and sovereignty.
- Next workshop at £20 per person from 4-5:30 on 31 January 2021.
Booking on https://www.unitedmind.co.uk/product/the-7-pillars-of-wisdom-laughter-workshop/.
The Telephone Laughter Club
The Telephone Lauhgter Club runs Monday to Friday at 7am to 7:10am.
It was run as a free service from April-December 2020 although running an 0800-number service has its costs.
In 2020 the running of the line was used for £892 in total, a small price to pay for helping people maintain a wonderful daily laughter practice at times of emotional, physical, financial challenges.
The 0800-number has no other costs to you as user, with a UK phone number, than an annual fee of £30 which is less than 12p per day for the shared, live laughter.
0800-numbers are paid per minute by the owner.
So as you can see the small fee is simply to cover part of the running costs so we can continue the original Telephone Laughter Club. The fee covers about 50% and I am happy to cover the rest.
The full story of The Telephone Laughter Club in the UK can be read on www.lottemikkelsen.com/laughter-ms.
Please resubscribe and support The Telephone Laughter Club by donating the annual fee of £30 to keep it going every weekday morning from 7am-7:10am. You can subscribe via www.unitedmind.co.uk/product-category/subscriptions.
The Laughter Club International (UK) on Zoom
The Laughter Club in St Albans is sharing laughter on Zoom on 1st Sunday every month at 1pm-1:30pm!
Please register online on https://form.jotform.com/200864136631350.
We are serious about laughter and sharing the benefits, and we hope that you enjoy these monthly Laughter Yoga workouts.
- Sunday 3 January 2021 at 1pm-1:30pm
A Laughter Club is just like a fitness session and we encourage you to pay as you can to www.paypal.me/unitedmind.
Thank you for your kindness.
Please get in touch about the laughter clubs and other options via email, email@example.com, phone 0800 1214 714 or mobile 07736 341 717.
Introduction to Laughter Therapy
…with leading laughter experts, Lotte Mikkelsen and Melanie Bloch.
The workshop is back on 10 January 2021 and we are excited to invite you into a magical and safe space of sharing transformation – big time!
Melanie and Lotte are excited to continue to run this workshop which is designed to give you an experiential flavour of the full course.
In this 3.5 hour workshop you will be taken through
- a process of Laughter Therapy first introduced by Dr Annette Goodheart in the 1970s
- a completion process to gain momentum in your life through release of stuck energy through laughter
- an experience of the Mystic Rose Meditation by Osho
The workshops runs on Sunday 10 January 2021 from 2pm to 5:30pm UK time and costs £45 per person.
To book your place on Introduction to Laughter Therapy please visit the UnitedMind Online Shop.
If you wish to continue with the full programme, the fee for the Introduction will be deducted from the full course fee.
Book early if you are up for a transformational experience and want to make sure there is space available! www.unitedmind.co.uk/shop.
Laughter Teacher Training including Online Prep
We have now entered 2021 and the Laughter Yoga Teacher Training at Felden Lodge from Monday 5 to Friday 9 July 2021 has already been laid out and is ready!
For the training in July 2021 there is a small twist which allows you to start your training online to prepare you for the days we will be spending together. This is all included in the course!
The course will start with 10 online 1-hour sessions before we start the full training in person on Monday 5 July:
- 25th April Lesson 1 Laughter yoga for seniors
- 2nd May Lesson 2 Laughter Yoga for School children
- 9th May Lesson 3 Laughter Yoga in Business
- 16th May Lessons 4 Laughter Yoga in Hospitals and Health care
- 23rd May Lesson 5 Laughter Yoga for People living with Special Needs
- 30th May Lesson 6 Gibberish workshop
- 6th June Lesson 7 Which training programs you can offer
- 13th June Lesson 8 Promotion, marketing, PR, and presentation skills
- 20th June Lesson 9 Creating new exercises
- 27th June Lesson 10 Inner Spirit of Laughter
In fact there are two wrists, as the second one is that, flights permitting, my good friend and Laughter Yoga Master Trainer Colleague, Linda Leclerc, from Canada will be joining me teaching the course.
In addition there is actually a third twist, if you are up for a really long week networking with Laughter Yoga Teachers you can join the Laughter Yoga Teacher Reunion running from Friday 9 July to Sunday 11 July 2021.
Booking on https://www.unitedmind.co.uk/product-category/training/laughteryogateacher/ and right now you can pay just half of the fee at booking and the final 50 percent in January 2021.
The Laughter yioga Teacher Training is deep and expansive for your mind and for your heart.
You will learn how to be a great teacher and facilitator of workshops and training.
Upon completion you will receive the Laughter Yoga International Laughter Yoga Teacher Certificate and be eligible for the UnitedMind accredited training certification.
UnitedMind is registered with our insurance company as a training provider which means that our certificates grant you insurance.
When you choose your training provider please make sure you check their credentials as online training methods and courses are not always covered by insurers.
There are a few more requirements if you want the additional accreditation certificate.
Laughter Yoga Training with the Laughter Yoga Master Trainer
FHT Accredited courses from UnitedMind Laughter Yoga are
- 2-day Laughter Yoga Leader Training
- 5-day Laughter Yoga Teacher Training
- 1-day Laughter Yoga Coach Training
- Laughter Therapist Training
With accreditation we are taking Laughter Yoga seriously and we are bringing the standards to another level of nationwide approval within the education system. This is CPD!
Contact us on email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07736341717 for details of Laughter Yoga Training, other courses and other teachers.
The Important Laughter Yoga Training
Laughter Yoga is for everyone!
PLEASE NOTE, The Laughter Yoga Training is still certified with a standard international certificate issued by Laughter Yoga International and co-signed by your teacher(s) which you receive at the end of the 2-day or 5-day training.
If you decide to achieve accreditation you will receive a second UnitedMind/FHT certificate on completion.
Please note, UnitedMind and UnitedMind Accredited Laughter Yoga Teachers are the only providers of Accredited Laughter Yoga Training in the UK.
In addition, you get support from your teachers as you move on with your personal and professional laughter life, as and when you need it. It is your call!
UnitedMind teaches Laughter Yoga courses in the following locations:
- Accredited Laughter Yoga Leader Training
This training is a requirement for becoming a Laughter Yoga Teacher
- London, St. Albans, Preston, Bristol, Durham, Online
- Your venue, your group – minimum 4 people
- Accredited Laughter Yoga Teacher Training
This training is a requirement for becoming a Laughter Yoga Coach
- Hemel Hempstead, Durham
- Your venue, your group – minimum 4 people
- Accredited Laughter Therapist Training
- Hemel Hempstead, Stanmore
- Accredited Laughter Coach and Certified Gibberish Coach Training
- Bristol, St Albans, Online
- Your venue, your group – minimum 4 people
Accredited Laughter Yoga Leader
A note from your truly: Melanie and I teach the 2-day Laughter Yoga Leader Training together in London and we decided to start up again in March 2021 without super-charged two days of personal and professional development – OUR 2-day Laughter Yoga Leader Training.
We do miss sharing Laughter Yoga in Covent Garden and we will be back as soon as all things permit us to bring togehter laughing people.
All fees listed in the newsletter are early bird fees available until one month before training dates and excluding travel and accommodation costs unless otherwise stated. Other deals may be available as well as special agreements with companies and organisations who wish to train teams and individuals in their workplace.
If you want to be sure to get a place on the course of your choice please book now in the UnitedMind Online Shop.
For more information about accredited training courses please contact us via email@example.com, phone 0800 1214 714, or mobile 07736 341 717.
Please also feel free to follow the scribbles about laugh life and life in general as well as a few moments of change on The Laughter Blog.