…and news from UnitedMind Ltd., Laughter Yoga (UK) Ltd., Gibberish Communications Ltd., and The Laughter Club International (UK).
Information in this newsflash about
- Review: 1st Global Laughter Yoga Conference
- Laughter Yoga Open Day in Birmingham
- The Playing Human Conference 27-28 September 2018 – few spaces left at £250!
- Laughter Training Options – requirements and further development paths
- FIND dates easily for teacher, leader, therapist, Gibberish courses!
We look forward to telling you all about what we are up to with laughter!
Our newsletter is a combination of news, stories and upcoming events. We hope you will enjoy our content on a monthly basis, and look forward to seeing you on courses and training, workshops, Laughter Clubs or other laughter events.
I enjoyed working in the Technology Sector but I LOVE our Laughter Journey – it is perfect logic in a non-logical way.
Please also feel free to follow the scribbles about laugh life and life in general on The Laughter Blog as well as The Healthy Laughing Blog.
And just to mention
- Daily Laughers Day #88 with Dave Berman and Lotte Mikkelsen
- Meet some of the awesome people who’ve trained with us since 2007
- Testimonials from Laughter Yoga Teacher Training
- The Laughter Club in 2017 – hope to see you here or there
- UnitedMind’s Online Shop – products, services, subscriptions
Our pages are constantly going through changes so please feel free to stop at Laughter Yoga (UK), StaffLaugh, Gibberish Communications, Life Healer, and World Laughter Day UK and please visit us on www.unitedmind.co.uk.
Review: 1st Global Laughter Yoga Conference
There were 360 people from 30 different nations present at the 1st Global Laughter Yoga Conference held in Frankfurt, Germany.
Huge thank you to Laughter Yoga Master Trainer Gabriela Leppelt-Remmel and her team.
The conference ran from Friday 23 June until Sunday 25 June with amazing speakers covering topics including laughter and cancer, laughing safely, laughing for peace, laughter in Mexican prisons, research on laughter and many more deep-reaching topics including my own talk on the effects of laughter on neurological disorders.
There was a real buzz of anticipation and excitement just like when you enter the space of an all-awaited concert you have longed to attend for ages.
People coming to events like this have smiles and laughs to share in abundance and the mood was high and ready for news from the laughter stage.
The 1st Global Laughter Yoga Conference lived up to my expectations of being a place where new connections were made, existing friendships were sealed with face-to-face meetings, and joy was flowing naturally without hesitation and hidden agendas.
The Laughter Yoga community is one to be part of – no doubt in my mind, the door is always open!
If you are on a mission to create positivity and important change in your communities this is where inspirations is at its best and highest.
We may meet initially online but life truly happens in real life!
Following the conference Laughter Yoga Master Trainers met for two days to work out the seriousness as well as the fun of this amazing business of Laughter Yoga that we all share with so many teachers and leaders.’
There is much to come!
The future of World Peace through Laughter is advancing fast!
And the wonder of automatic hand towels have now reached Japan…
If you have any questions or need more information about our courses, workshops and how you can learn, please contact us on email, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 0800 1214 714 or mobile 07736 341 717.
Laughter Yoga Open Day in Birmingham 28 October 2017
- Maggie Thompson (AKA ‘Merrie Maggie’), Laughter Yoga Teacher, is the great organiser and will be introducing the day
- Anna Whittaker, Professor in Behavioral Medicine, will talk about the effects of stress on the body, e.g. immune system and stress hormones
- Lotte Mikkelsen, Laughter Yoga Ambassador appointed by Dr Madan Kataria, and Laughter Yoga Master Trainer, will speak about the effect of laughter on neurological disorders
- Robin Graham, Laughter Yoga Ambassador appointed by Dr. Madan Kataria, and Laughter Yoga Teacher, will share insights about groups he has worked with, their feedback and the idea of taking laughter to groups where people are living with challenges
- Wes Floyd, BA (Hons) Business. DipMgmt, Laughter Yoga Teacher, Founder Laughter Time with Tim Barker, BA (Hons) International Business with French, Laughter Yoga Teacher, will cover a report of Laughter Festival 2017 and plans for 2018. ‘Laughter Time’ and laughter exercises
The Laughter Yoga Open Day happens on
- Saturday, 28 October 2017 from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
- at Carrs Lane Conference Centre, The Church at Carrs Lane, Carrs Lane, Birmingham, B3 7SX (just across the road from Moor Street Station)
- and only costs £30.00 per ticket (plus service fee)
For more information about the Laughter Yoga Open Day please visit http://www.merriemaggie.co.uk/laughter-yoga-open-day/.
For more information about our business partners, Laughter Association UK, our programmes and our network of Laughter Professionals please contact us on email, email@example.com, phone 0800 1214 714 or mobile 07736 341 717.
There are a small number of tickets available at just £250 for the two days and when they are gone the early bird price of £300 kicks in.
It may feel as if it is early to book but it really is not when there are limited availability…
If you are interested in personal and professional development in your line of laughter work this is for you, if you are simply looking for inspiration to keep you motivated on a daily basis regardless what your activities are, THIS conference is a great place to find that little extra!
Currently the line-up of speakers look as follows
- Leif Hansen, Spark Interacttion, USA
- Patch Adams, Gesundheit Clinic, USA
- Pady O’Connor, Mee Mee Theatre, UK
- Robert Holden, The Happiness Project, UK
- Shonette Bason, Spread the Happiness, UK
- Linda Leclerc, École dy Yoga du Rire, Canada
- Merv Neal, The Laughing Man, Laughter Yoga Australia, Australia
- a few surprises to be added…
A very special day at a very special price!
- A few tickets avaialble at only £250
- When they are gone and until 31 December 2017 £300
- From 1 January 2018 until sold out £350
You can book your place on https://www.unitedmind.co.uk/product/the-playing-human-conference/ and save money with the very special price of £250.
For more information please contact us on email, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 0800 1214 714 or mobile 07736 341 717.
This is a recap on last month’s post. It is important to be clear on Laughter Yoga and how you can train.
Oftentimes I get questions like
- “do I need to know or practice Yoga?”
- “what is the difference between courses?”
- “which course is best choice for me?”
- “is it necessary to try Laughter Yoga first?”
and many more.
Although the Compare Course page outlines some of the differences you may have a few more questions you need answered.
This little write-up aims to help you make a decision.
First of all just to clarify, you do not need to know Yoga to practice Laughter Yoga. The reason it is called Laughter Yoga is because we combine deep breathing techniques with playful laughter exercises.
Your Laughter Journey ideally starts with a visit to a Laughter Club.
NB If you run a Laughter Club that is not on the Google Map please get in touch!
However, this may not be an option for you as there are not active laughter clubs in all parts of the country, so you may have watched YouTube video clips or laughed on Skype or perhaps even on the telephone.
There are a couple of next options recommended…
- one could be to learn the skills for yourself at the which does not teach you presentation skills but definitely teaches you laughter for life long-lasting skills. Learning on this 1-day training will also be giving you the choice to develop your laughter further if you want to move to next level…
- the other option could be to become a Laughter Yoga Leader at the 2-day Certified Laughter Yoga Leader Training and in this way learn how to facilitate groups and start a Laughter Club. Laughter Clubs are needed everywhere as we are still thinly covering the UK. You confidence rockets as you learn great presentation skills at this training!
Lots to learn from laughter!
So the questions to ask yourself are…
“Should I learn Laughter Yoga Basic Skills to practice and benefit for myself?”
- 1-day Certified Laughter Yoga Basic Learning £95/£125 (full fee)
“Should I learn Laughter Yoga Leader Skills so I can practice and benefit myself as well as be able to start a Laughter Club?”
- 2-day Certified Laughter Yoga Leader Training £175/£225 (full fee)
The 2-day training is a great opportunity as it opens up huge potential for your own personal growth as well as sharing and helping others develop, too.
Starting a Laughter Club is a great way of building confidence!
Once your experience starts growing from running a Laughter Club you may feel inclined to offer workshops in communities, senior homes, schools, workplaces and other settings.
For this purpose, you may need additional training which could very well be specialised modules for working in specific fields or it could be the Business Experts Programme which can help you get a sense of where you are going with Laughter Yoga and how to progress down the professional path.
If one-on-one Laughter Coaching is something you are keen to learn then the 1-day Certified Laughter Yoga Coach Training for leaders and teachers is certainly a great option and adds to your Laughter Yoga skills.
You learn to facilitate an 8-week one-on-one laughter programme with individual clients.
- 1-day Certified Laughter Yoga Coach Training £95/£150 (full fee)
However, your thoughts may go in the direction of becoming a Laughter Yoga Teacher which is now including the Laughter Yoga Coach Training.
Until recently you had a free choice between teacher and leader training but recently things have changed and it is now a requirement to be a Certified Laughter Yoga Leader in order to become a Certified Laughter Yoga Teacher.
When you join the 5-day Certified Laughter Yoga Teacher Training you not only learn new skills in terms of breathing techniques, Gibberish, coaching, business skills, and how to teach leaders, you also start feeling the real change that comes with daily breathing and laughter practice.
You challenge yourself and you set goals for your future.
- 5-day Certified Laughter Yoga Teacher Training £595/£750 (full fee)
for residential courses in Hemel Hempstead you need to add accommodation fee of £250 (shared)/£300 (single)
After all these years of teaching and learning I still know but a fraction of what we can do when we embrace the magic of laughter, play, and the joy that springs from it and I share my own lessons through new and innovative courses.
If you ever thought of becoming a Laughter Therapist please read on!
You do not need a background as a Laughter Yoga Leader or Laughter Yoga Teacher to come on the Accredited Laughter Therapist Training.
However, this course requires you to have a background in some form of therapy practice, e.g. psychotherapy or hypnotherapy, counselling or holistic therapy, as the important aspect is to be able to enable and support catharsis.
The course starts on a 2-day Laughter Therapist Training weekend and takes you onto 6-12 months working through two case studies ending up in a dissertation detailing your work and your lessons.
- 2-day Accredited Laughter Therapist Training £550/£750 (full fee)
If you would like to join the Laughter Yoga Leaders and Teachers, as well as Laughter Therapiss, and start bringing laughter to life, or if you would like more information about Laughter Training for you, your team, your family, your friends, please contact us on email, email@example.com, phone 0800 1214 714 or mobile 07736 341 717.
Full details and dates are listed further down and you can always find information on www.unitedmind.co.uk or by contacting UnitedMind using the details just above. Or book your place in UnitedMind’s Online Shop. Feel free to get in touch to see if you are eligible for a REALLY special offer!
There are a few new dates you may not have noticed yet:
- 31 July-1 August Laughter Yoga Leader Training in London
- 12-13 August Laughter Yoga Leader Training in Stockton
- 22-26 January 2018 Laughter Yoga Teacher Training in Hemel Hempstead (residential)
I teach the courses run in the following locations:
- Certified Laughter Yoga Leader Training
- London, St. Albans, Blackpool, Durham, Online
- Your venue
- Certified Laughter Yoga Teacher Training
- Hemel Hempstead, St. Albans, Durham
- Accredited Laughter Therapist Training
- St. Albans, Durham, Online
- Certified Laughter Coach and Gibberish Coach Training
- St Albans, Durham, Online
Certified Laughter Yoga Leader
The 2-day Laughter Yoga Leader Training runs on the following dates and venues (full details are listed on www.unitedmind.co.uk/training/laughter-yoga-leader/):
2-day Certified Laughter Yoga Leader Training
- 22-23 July 2017 in Durham £175 early /£225
- 31 July-1 August in London £175 early / £225
- 12-13 August in Middlesbrough £175 early / £225
- 23-24 September Laughter Yoga Leader St Albans £175
- 05-06 October Laughter Yoga Leader Blackpool £175
- 19-20 October Laughter Yoga Leader London £175
- ONLINE 3, 10, 17, 24 August Certified Laughter Leader Online £175
- More dates on www.unitedmind.co.uk/training/laughter-yoga-leader/
- Your workplace or with your group at dates to suit you!
Certified Laughter Yoga Teacher
The 5-day Laughter Yoga Teacher Training runs on the following dates and venues (full details are listed on www.unitedmind.co.uk/training/laughter-yoga-teacher/):
5-day Certified Laughter Yoga Teacher Training
solely provided by UnitedMind in the UK since 2012
- 23-27 October 2017 in St Albans non-residential
- 22-26 January 2018 in Hemel Hempstead £750 incl stay
- 09-13 April 2018 in Durham non-residential
- 09-13 July 2018 in Hemel Hempstead £750 incl stay
Fees are excluding accommodation (only applies to Hemel Hempstead training) which you must book separately on https://www.unitedmind.co.uk/product-category/accommodation/.
Feel free to enquire about special offers at any time.
Accredited Laughter Therapist
The 2-day Laughter Therapist Training is only the beginning of the 6-12 months programme (full details on www.unitedmind.co.uk/training/laughter-therapist/)
2-day Certified Laughter Therapist (NB 6-12-month programme)
- 26-27 August 2017 St. Albans £550 early / £750
- 09-10 August Durham £550 early / £750
Certified Laughter Yoga Coach
The 1-day Gibberish Coach Training for Laughter Yoga Leaders and Teachers runs on the following dates (full details are listed on www.unitedmind.co.uk/training/gibberish-coach/):
1-day Certified Gibberish Training
for Laughter Yoga Leaders and Teachers
- 09 July 10am-5pm St Albans £95 early /£150
- 24 August 10am-3pm Online £95 early / £150
- 02 September 10am-5pm Durham £95 early / £150
Certified Laughter Yoga Coach
The 1-day Laughter Yoga Coach Training for Laughter Yoga Leaders and Teachers runs online on the following dates (full details are listed on www.unitedmind.co.uk/training/laughter-yoga-coach-cpd/):
1-day Certified Laughter Coaching Training
for Laughter Yoga Leaders and Teachers
- 27 July 2017 10am-3pm Online £95 early /£150
Or you can book your 8-week One On One Laughter Coaching Programme and get closer to your real laughter through the practice of Laughter Yoga exercises.
- 8-week One-On-One Laughter Coaching Programme
Your workplace at dates to suit you!
All of the training courses are great addition to any type of therapy or workshop facilitation, health work as well as business related demands, as the courses take you through learning a skillset that can successfully be utilised and adopted to any group whether it is about laughter, play, relaxation, mindfulness, or balance in life in general.
All fees are excluding travel and accommodation costs. Other deals may be available as well as special agreements with companies and organisations who wish to train teams and individuals in their workplace, or concessions.
If you want to be sure to get a place on the course of your choice please book now in the UnitedMind Online Shop.
For more information about certified training courses please contact us via email, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 0800 1214 714 or mobile 07736 341 717.