…and news from UnitedMind Ltd., Laughter Yoga Ltd., Gibberish Communications Ltd., and The Laughter Club International (UK).
Our newsletter is a combination of news, stories and upcoming events. We hope you will enjoy our content on a monthly basis, and look forward to seeing you on courses and training, workshops, Laughter Clubs or other laughter events.
Please also feel free to follow the scribbles about laugh life and life in general on The Laughter Blog as well as The Healthy Laughing Blog.
Information in this newsflash about
- Professional development with Gibberish
- Commit to health and happiness with easy laughter tactics
- Laughter Yoga Conference in London – for everyone
- Laughter Yoga Teachers and Laughter Yoga Leaders
- Live Telephone Laughter reminder with all new times!
And just to mention
- Meet some of the wonderful people who’ve trained with us since 2007
- Testimonials from Laughter Yoga Teacher Training
- The Laughter Club in 2015 – hope to see you here or there
- UnitedMind’s Online Shop – products, services, subscriptions
Professional Development with Gibberish
There are numerous ways of viewing Gibberish and mostly it has been as totaly nonsense spoken by toddlers . However, Gibberish has become a powerful tool for improving communication skills and for developing emotional intelligence.
The 1-day Certified Gibberish Training teaches all the priciples and the background for this extraordinary technique for tackling communication challenges, stress levels, performance issues and much more. However, it is also ideal for half-day workshop for team building and workplace co-operation across teams as well as management.
In Gibberish we let go of being right and being in control – things that many people find a real challenge in life and at work. Why? Because it may leave us vulnerable and at risk of being taken less seriously if we make errors.
Powerful communication is not about who shouts the loudest or who bosses who around and not even about being right or wrong. It is about mutual understanding of the situation that is being relayed and empowering the involved parties to take action or resolve the situation or just be with ‘what is so’.
Many people who have learned Gibberish techniques admit to having, at least once in their lifetime, said something that was hurtful or that they wish was unsaid. When turning to Gibberish in arguments the shredding words that we often regret after the discussion do not occur.
Only emotions are being expressed along with un-understandable nonsense. It is a release of pent up feelings of anger, wrong, frustration, upset, as well as being a tool for expressing joy and love.
An excellent training day as well as a superb workshop for businesses and organisations.
There are currently three 1-day Certified Gibberish Trainings scheduled:
- 7 March 2015, 10am to 5pm, Aboyne Lodge School, St. Albans
- 16 May 2015, 10am to 5pm, Alington House, Durham
- 27 June 2015, 10am to 5pm, London College for Scholars, London
Laughter Yoga for Health and Happiness
In 2010 I launched Laughter Yoga International’s 8-week One-On-One Laughter Coaching programme in the UK. It had been introduced a little earlier in India where Dr. Madan Kataria worked with client on a one-on-one basis and I was moved by the story of a young girl who had been living with MS for almost 10 years and the benefits she felt after only one session was truly inspiring.
Laughter Yoga is not just for people with physical health conditions to cope with, it is for people who want a wee bit extra in their lives in terms of positivity, joy, and happiness, as well as those who want to recover from physical, mental or emotional challenges.
In workplaces there is often a huge amount of stress on everbody in the organisation to perform and deliver results.
The 8-week One-On-One Laughter Coaching Programme is also ideal for teams and certainly works for individuals.
There are many routes to becoming more in sync with yourself and your life and below is just an overvies of some of the opportunities to learn Laughter Yoga for health and happiness:
- Train as a Laughter Yoga Leader and run your own staff sessions, community groups or professional workshops
- Train as a Laughter Yoga Teacher and do as Laughter Yoga Leaders PLUS teach new Laughter Yoga Leaders
- Train as a Laughter Facilitator/Therapist and deliver team building, stress management and coaching based on laughter
- Invite us to run Laughter Workshops at your personal or professional events
- Book a long-term programme for your team
- Learn laughter every day on the 8-week Laughter Coaching Programme
- Laugh every day on The Telephone Laughter Club – now at 7am, 12noon, and 6:30pm
These are just a few examples of what is available and how you can take on permanent, positive change in your life, communities and beyond.
For more information on our programmes for promoting health and happiness in the workplace and at home, please contact us via email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Laughter Yoga Conference 5-7 June, London
Kicking off the Laughter Festival in the UK (organised by Feelgood Communities) the Laughter Yoga Conference is the platform for knowledge share and celebration.
National and International Speakers will share their wisdom on the topic of Laughter Yoga, benefits, business, health, challenges and much more, and we will finish the Saturday with a great celebration of the 20th Anniversary of the Laughter Yoga Movement, which was started 13 March 1995 by Dr. Madan Kataria.
Laughter Yoga is for everyone, and this conference encourages everyone who has an interest in health, wellbeing, and happiness – in the workplace and at home!
The venue is still being negotiated but will be in Central London with good access from King’s Cross/St. Pancras, Euston, and Victoria Stations.
People venture in from around the world to take part in this event, so please make sure you reserve your place well in time as there are limited spaces available.
Early bird rate is available until 31 March 2015 or until all seats are booked.
For more information on the Laughter Yoga Conference, please contact us via email, email@example.com, or mobile 07736 341 717.
Be a Leader and/or a Teacher
Reminding that there are Early Bird rates for a lot of the trainings in Durham, London, and St. Albans. Early Bird rates are typically available until one month prior to the training dates. Please get in touch to find out if there are additional special offers.
January is out and everyone is ready to start laughing again!
1-day Certified Gibberish Training
- 7 March 2015, 10am to 5pm, St. Albans – last chance for Early Bird £60
- 16 May 2015, 10am to 5pm, Durham
- 27 June 2015, 10am to 5pm, London
2-day Certified Laughter Yoga Leader Training
- 21-22 February in Durham
- 5-6 March in London – almost full – last chance for Early Bird £150
- 12-13 March in Denmark – last chance for Early Bird £200
- 25-26 June in London
- 25-26 July in Durham
- 26-27 September in St Albans
- Your workplace at dates to suit you!
2-day Laughter Yoga Leader Training can be booked as a Refresher course for Laughter Yoga Graduates at only £75 in the UnitedMind Online Shop.
5-day Certified Laughter Yoga Teacher Training
- 13-17 April 2015 in Durham (first in 2 years) £550 per person.
- 6-10 July 2015 in Hemel Hempstead £550 per person.
Accommodation £240 for shared room and £280 for single room
Please contact us to find out more about certified laughter training – or other training, workshops, clubs, or events – via email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or mobile 07736 341 717.
If you want to be sure to get a seat on the course of your choice please book now in the UnitedMind Online Shop.
All fees are excluding travel and accommodation costs. Other deals may be available as well as special agreements with companies and organisations who wish to train teams and individuals in their workplace.
Telephone laughter reminder
Finally a new mention of the added time for The Telephone Laughter Club; subscribe to connect to the live conference call and feel the knock-on effect as you laugh daily!
Choice between 7:00am and 12noon and 6:30pm:
- Monthly £6
- Quarterly £15 (saving £3)
- Annually £50 (saving £22)
Choosing TWO timeslots:
- Monthly £10 (saving £4)
- Quarterly £25 (saving £6 plus £10 = £16 per quarter)
- Annually £75 (saving £22 plus £40 = £62 per year)
Choosing THREE timeslots:
- Monthly £13 (saving £5)
- Quarterly £33 (saving LOTS)
- Annually £100 (saving LOADS)
Please register online or get in touch on email email@example.com to learn more about how you can bring telephone or conference laughter to your workplace and community.
PLEASE NOTE If you dial in from a UK landline there are no call charges.
However, if you dial in from a mobile phone there may be call charges but good news is that there are ways around it all, e.g. dial 0333 555 8800 before dialling our 0800-number, you can save money and pay only the local rate for your call. Please check with your mobile call provider to see what is cheapest.